Blackjack, also known as 21, is probably the most popular casino table game in the world. It began to grow in popularity in France around the 18th century and never stopped. The social aspect of the game is one draw along with the simple ruleset: get as close to 21 without going over and hope the dealer is lower or does go over.
Blackjack is generally played with 1-8 52 card decks with 1-7 players and 1 dealer. The cards 2-10 are considered at face value, while As are 1 or 11 and face cards are considered a value of 10. Receiving an A and a 10-value card is considered a Blackjack. After bets are placed, the dealer then deals 2 cards to each player faceup and 1 face up and 1 facedown card to themselves. Players then have the option to Hit, Stand, Split (on a pair) or surrender (at some tables).
- Hit – the player receives another card
- Stand – the player stays with the current hand
- Split – if the player has a pair or two 10-value cards, they have the option to double their bet and play 2 hands receiving a new card on each of the split cards.
- Surrender – the player forfeits the hand and receives half their wager back
Whether online or in a land based casino, most blackjack tables have a minimum wager. Some online casinos have full virtual versions with no minimum bet. Most blackjack tables offer side bets as well. Before each hand, the player must make a bet on the main hand and then has the option to play side bets such as Pair and 21+3. In a standard game of blackjack, the dealer must keep drawing cards until either reaching a card total of 17 or busting (going over 21). The player wins if the their card value total is above the dealers without busting or if the dealer busts.
- Winning the hand pays 1:1
- Winning with a Blackjack pays 3:2
- Winning the sidebets have multiple payouts
- The Pair sidebet pays depending on what kind of pair the player receives
- A mixed pair (one red and one black card) pays 9:1
- A colored pair pays 12:1
- A perfect pair (suited) pays 25:1
- The 21+3 side bet pays on hands including the 2 player cards and the face up dealer card.
- A flush pays 5:1
- A straight pays 10:1
- A three of a kind pays 30:1
- A straight flush pays 40:1
- A suited three of a kind pays 100:1
Blackjack is a wonderfully entertaining game, and with the information in this article, our hope here at BTCGOSU is that you can sit down and enjoy it as well.
The post How to play Blackjack appeared first on BTCGOSU.